The Power of Positive Emotions is the opposite of negative emotions of course.
No one loves to feel the results of negative emotions that cripple one’s life. Positive emotions include joy, love, hope, gratitude, pride, amusement, awe, and wonder. They’re also known as “happy” feelings.
“So the first step in seeking happiness is learning. We first have to learn how negative emotions and behaviors are harmful to us and how positive emotions are helpful. –Dalai Lama”
A study published in the journal Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience found that when people smiled at others, their brains released dopamine, a neurotransmitter associated with positive moods. In fact, smiling has been shown to reduce stress levels and boost immune function.
How Can You Begin the Boost For More Happiness?
To know how to boost your happiness, you must first decide the reasons you need to have more happiness. You must start by trying to pinpoint why you are not as happy as you want to be. Where are you failing in the process, and how can you recover what you once had?
It is always necessary to have a goal or plan with the most necessary list of what you may need to change. What are you doing that you should not be doing, or what aren’t you doing that you should be doing?
How will the changes occur, how long will this take, and how will you know when to change what is not working out in your plan?
To make yourself happier, try these simple strategies:
- Spend more time with friends and family. Many individuals get too busy with work. Their lifestyle changes because they are dedicated to their high-level job title. They must work harder, longer hours, and skip lunch. However, this can absorb happiness very quickly and their family may suffer the consequences.
- Take the time to analyze what is the most important emphasis in your life. That most surely is family. Then what comes next is the balance of family with work. Wealth is not going to matter if you die trying to only be rich, famous, or a hero.
- Don’t let your lifestyle get caught up in the game of always being busy. Slow yourself down, enjoy what you are doing, and thrive by being at your own pace of living life well.
- Practice gratitude. Begin each day being thankful you woke up, have a good place to sleep, and are more fortunate than many people. When you are thankful, name what you are thankful for and it helps you to see that your life is blessed,
- Do something nice for someone else, when you help other people do something well, you are actually helping yourself. Give someone a hug they may need. Share your happiness with others by portraying yourself as a happy person.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff. Let go of the minor frustrations of life. This too will pass, and life is too short for getting upset over the little stuff.
- Smile often, and laugh at yourself occasionally. When you can laugh at yourself, you will then begin to accept that life is too short for perfectionism.
- Be kind to yourself, when you are looking to outperform everyone else, you are doing yourself an injustice. It is more powerful to just be yourself, at your own pace, and live each moment of your life with more ease.
People who feel happy tend to be healthier than people who do not. In fact, happiness has been linked to better sleep quality, lower blood pressure, and higher levels of self-esteem. Happiness also helps us cope with stressful situations.
How To Be Happy In A World That’s Full Of Stress And Anxiety
It’s easy to become overwhelmed by stress and anxiety. However, research has found that positive emotions such as joy, hope, and love actually help reduce stress and anxiety. So how can we cultivate more positivity in our lives? Here are some ways to start:
1. Remember that you are in control of your thoughts. Think happy thoughts. Remember when you first met your life partner. Think about that first hug from your child.
2. Take time to make yourself a note that most of the time, you have no control over the world issues that you hear on the news. Narrow down to what you can control or make better within your life.
3. Learn to relieve stress and anxiety by thinking about how it can ruin your health, and life if you dwell too heavily on the things that you cannot conquer.
How Can You Increase Happiness?
- One of the easiest ways is to just stop what you are doing, and breathe.
- It’s easy to forget how fortunate we are every day. So go outside, look up and be happy you can think, walk, run, see the sun, hear the airplane above, and just be thankful.
- Additionally, to increase your happiness quickly is to jump on the exercise machine for about 30 minutes.
- Socialize with your friends and talk about the good stuff. Make some plans to visit a long-lost friend.
- Get out your photos from the past and laugh at those past times when you were younger and crazier.
- Pray, meditate, pay close attention to your thoughts and think about the good stuff.
It’s easy to become overwhelmed when faced with life’s challenges. Instead of focusing on what we lack, focus on what we have. This will help us appreciate the good things in our lives. Another way to boost positive emotions is by taking care of ourselves emotionally, physically, and mentally. Exercise regularly, eat healthy foods, and take breaks throughout the day to relax.