How to Be Happy-15 Steps For More Happiness…let’s get started…post updated 5-17-23
Hey people, meaning everyone…I just had a great explanation that hit my mind for some steps toward more happiness. Therefore, it is time to share it, before it gets cold. Okay, here we go with how to be happy – 15 steps for more happiness.
It seems that every day someone is searching for how to be happy. We all want more of the good life, more love, more fulfillment, and more happiness.
One important reason that we are not more fulfilled and happy is that we stay too busy, too occupied, too worried, and too depressed with life things. We need to sit back, relax, and enjoy our life without so much fuss.
What are the most important aspects of someone who is continually celebrating more happiness and appears to be joyful all of the time?
- They do not let the small stuff get to them. In other words, “this too shall pass.”
- There was a national study of happy people, which said that 60% of the happy people said they had at least five friends, and/or close relationships to share the important stuff.
- They are comfortable with themselves. Not arrogant, but comfortable, meaning they are secure within themselves, yet they have humility.
- They have compassion for others and do not feel another person is a threat.
- They stay busy but know how to avoid being too busy.
- They have learned how to manage stress and temperament.
- They are positive thinking, instead of pessimistic.
- Kindness- have you ever seen an unhappy person who showed kindness? I rather doubt it. Usually, they are grumpy.
- Happy people take responsibility for their actions and do not make excuses.
- As in number 3 above, they do not compare themselves with others, they are confident in their own skin and ability. They like themselves.
- They forgive and do not hold grudges. The latter will drive you bananas, and it is hurting no one but the individual who is holding on to what should be forgotten.
- They have a strong tolerance to pain, not physical pain. When life gets bad, they know that at the end of the storm, there is always a rainbow.
- They are real and truthful to themselves and others. No faking it; what you see is what you get, genuine and real.
- They are quick to listen and slow to speak.
- They have some kind of spirituality, and faith, and believe that all things are possible when you give life your best.
Happiness can be compared to childbirth in some ways. The mother goes into labor, she endures excruciating pain and often for many hours. Once it is over, it is over and when that child is in her arms, the pain is gone forever. The happiness overrides any thought of the latter.
This is what Abraham Lincoln said:
“Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be.”
“Money cannot buy happiness; it can make life better, but it cannot give you soul satisfaction. Anything or anyone that can make you smile is when that inner soul is happy.”
“When you let the struggles of life become the only thing in your life, there is no way for happiness to exist therein. You must begin each day being thankful that your life is so much better than so many other hungry, sad, and desperate humans in the world.”
“Happiness comes within, how you perceive the goodness that exists, even when there is pain.”