Self Reflection-Living Consciously -time to reflect…
If you don’t like what you see when you look in the mirror, it is time to change…
Too often, many people take a glance at the reflections of their life and begin to wonder what they could have done differently. More than likely, there were some options not taken, others that should not have occurred. However, with life, there is usually one chance (sometimes more than one) to make memories and our self-reflections happier by living more consciously.
Life Gets Too Busy
Most people’s lives are busy, too busy, and they are often filled with clutter, and not enough balance or perspective. It is hard to focus on ourselves when everyone else’s issues seem more important. However, our own self-reflection is important and necessary for us to live a life that is good for us.
Is there a solution for living with more meaning and balance? Yes, there is. It is simple by slowing down to reflect and look within.
It is better to live with a sense of caution than jump into a mud puddle of habit, living in a rush all the time, and what just feels good at the moment?
Where Does A Person Often Fail Short of Living Consciously
Refection and questions you can ask yourself…
- When is the last time you slowed down enough to get that health checkup? Health should never be the last thing on your priority list. Not anyone can be healthy if they choose not to take care of their mortal body, as they know they should. How many times have you heard that gaining too much weight is bad for your health, and affects your daily habits? How many times have you neglected those annual checkups?
- Do you take the time to make priorities? How many times have you been warned to get the tire changed, there seems to be a leak. Easily remembered when the blowout occurs on the way to work and the cell phone is dead.
- How many times has little Mary asked you to come to school for show and tell? You cannot change your schedule, however, when she is 16, you might look back and wish you had.
- When is the last time you gave your spouse some needed time for just conversation, and memories, or just listened to what they had to say? You might be surprised by what you find out.
- When is the last time you slowed down long enough to see how green the grass is in the spring?
- Have you stopped to smell the roses?
- Do you take the time to read a new book or at least start one?
Have You Actually Stopped And Thought About Your Self Reflections-Living Consciously
- Have you taken the time to go for a walk alone in God’s nature and thank Him?
- When is the last time you exercised?
- Do you even remember the last time all of your family has eaten together?
- When is the last time you visited your parent(s)?
- Is it evident that you have not made some time for yourself?
- When is the last time that you sat down and just cleared your mind of all the chaos?
- Can you think of the last time you knew what you were doing at every moment you were in?
Did you know it was the right thing? Unconscious living often happens to everyone.
- When is the last time you listened to your inner self; your soul?
Taking Time To Reflect Personally Each And Every Day
Life should not be something to muddle through without thought on a daily basis. Humans are in a habit of living unconsciously, and without taking the time to listen to the moment they are in. The functions of life become a habit without much thought. It is easy to do, without taking time to meditate on how you are living your life.
Everyone is bogged down most of the time in their early years. It is not easy with work, raising their children, and just keeping up with what they believe is their life goals. Most people would look at you and laugh if you told them to slow down.
They hurry to get it all done is the motto in their mind while forgetting that some things cannot be neglected. The body, the mind, and the soul need daily attention also to remain joyful, happy, and content.
- Stop telling yourself you must be strong and perfect. When you worry about being strong and perfect, you want to get everything done because that is what you are supposed to do.
However, more than likely you have put that expectation upon yourself. No one else cares if you are strong and perfect. There are not many people who fit the latter word. You are literally making your life hard and almost impossible to live with much grace or balance.
- Slow down and enjoy something. Anything will do. If you are rushing around trying to be the best at home and work, and without any serious thought about yourself, you are rushing toward regret.
- Do you work just for the salary or because you love what you do? Have you ever thought about it? Alternatively, do you just do it without thinking about being happy? You are providing the necessity of income and is that all that matters. Truthfully, that is not how you should live, unless you feel you cannot do better.
- When a person is living consciously, they take the time to reflect on where they belong instead of just fitting in where they are. Every woman or man needs to feel the importance of his or her job, or their value, and love doing it every day, with consciousness.
- What are your thoughts when you get up each day? If it is all about what you do for someone else, you may need some change. That is not being selfish, that is being motivated to live your life on purpose and with more balance.
- Balance of family, work, parents, and friends, has its own place, and until there is a balance you are doing yourself an injustice. Any person, who is living totally for others, without thought of themselves, is out of order. Why? You are wearing yourself out by giving and not receiving. All humans need time to refresh. Your family is the most important thing in your life, however, what is the worst that could happen if you decided to take a day for yourself?
- Living consciously means that you take time to reflect upon your life as you live it. It could be too late when you get older and think now is the time to reflect. Make time to know who you are, what your desires are, what you feel you may be missing, and how to change those things.
Life is full for most, those who work with a family, ailing parents, and the many different directions of life that everyone has. Life is life and it is not empty for anyone. Schedules are full, and there are not enough hours in a day.
Time to Smell The Roses
“It is time to slow down take time to smell the roses and enjoy each moment as the little moments make big memories.”
Nothing is worth not living in the moment, being thankful for the moment, and knowing you are where you should be. When life gets too busy to live in the moment, it is time to slow down and make sure you are doing what is right for your life.
“So much of our time is preparation, so much is routine, and so much retrospect, that the path of each man’s genius contracts itself to a very few hours.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Some desire is necessary to keep life in motion.” Samuel Johnson
“Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain
Wow, I think I need more self-reflection-living more consciously to live my life better – how about you?