Inspiration-Decorate Your Own Soul And Light Your Own Candle post updated 01-13-23
If this title seems cliche, it probably is. This is from a poem by Jorge Luis Borges. There are several titles I have seen online but found this poem years ago and it relates to so many things in life. Relationships, life changes, work, our souls, and more.
“After Awhile We Learn”- we even learn that sunshine burns if we get too much. We learn more about what we must focus on within our life to make it more blissful, be at peace, and live with balance. No one can do that for us. It requires us to make the changes ourselves.
Through the years I have learned that you must decorate your own soul and plant your own garden. You cannot wait for someone or something to come to your rescue. You must want the change within your life, yourself.
If someone does try to rescue you, they might forget the flowers anyway. No one else can motivate you to change what is not working well in your life. Unless, of course, you are seeking help from someone who is professionally trained to help you bring out what is already within you.
We live in an age of stress, self-indulgence, burdens, sorrows, bad luck, tragedy, cancer, politics, and freak accidents. Life can and does often get you down. It can immobilize you if you allow it. It can make you feel weak, worn, and afraid.
Without the latter, we cannot live our life in positivity, love, and happiness. There must be some kind of balance or our life will deteriorate. It will diminish and then we feel we are not really living.
⇒Please know that when we speak about you alone must see the need to change- we do not mean that you are self-sufficient in all aspects of your life. Or, will never need assistance from another human. No Man Is An Island-there are times you will need other people at some important facet of your life.
So For Our Inspiration-Decorate Your Own Soul- How Or What Must Change?
The question is, how do we reflect on the most important aspects of life and live more seriously? How do we live with more happiness and fulfillment? How do we decorate our own souls and plant our own gardens?
We are not talking about being perfect, we are talking about being more balanced, more in control, and having a broadened outlook on how serious life is. Very often youth is defined as a time to just have fun, take chances, and see where you land. That theory must be evaluated so that one starts early in life to realize that every path we take, determines our outcome, one way or the other.
One of the most important things I have learned is that age defines a person in many ways. Wisdom, knowledge, health, better mental health, wiser priorities, and acknowledging the spiritual self.
Your spirit, your soul is where the heart of things lies. If you can accept this and base your life on things that matter to your soul, your decisions change. Those decisions represent a more consistent life that is living in harmony with the universe. Doing what is right, just, positive, and kind.
- How do you know what your soul is saying to you? It is that little nudge that tells you not to smoke that cigarette because it can cause cancer. The little nudge that tells you the “he” is not the one and you actually do not really love him.
- Do you walk away before something goes wrong? The wrong directions in life can leave a person without stability. You did not listen to the heart and soul, and now you feel defeated, and with regrets.
- Those little nudges were your soul, your spiritual self that was trying to give you a heads-up.
As we age and listen to our soul-spiritual self, we learn that it is not what we possess, it is how we have possessed it. It is how we have learned to give back to another soul who needs something we can give them.
You learn that gratitude is one of the most important aspects of a good life. Gratitude for where you are, and what you have become, and knowing your focus on the future is placed in the right direction.
You wake up each morning and you know that what is left is far more important than what is behind.
Many psychologists including Dr. Peter Shepherd states that we are essentially spiritual. In his book ‘Transforming the Mind,’ this is his exact statement.
“We affirm that man’s nature is essentially spiritual but there is no good seeking spiritual things until we can distinguish the spiritual from the mundane.” (i.e. of this earthly world).
Spiritual Potential And Spiritual Health
“To stand like a mountain is the ability to recognize the potential of our inner resources. To flow like water is to act on this potential.”
When we allow our emotions, thoughts, and actions to stand like a mountain and flow like water, we are using our birthrights that are for everyone. Every day we are called upon to use our potential which is expressed through, humor, compassion, faith, forgiveness, courage, creativity, and intuition.
Dr. Seaward states that these are instruments we should use.
“Our Spiritual self is demonstrated when we play those instruments.” We can keep our mind, body, and soul in harmony when we implement these known tools within our life. Re: Stand Like Mountain, Flow Like Water (a book by Brian Luke Seaward, Ph.D.)
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,23 Meekness, temperance: against such, there is no law.” Galatian 5: 22-23 (KJV)
There is always a need to really understand your spiritual being, it is there that you will find more peace, contentment, and joy. Those who have never discovered their spiritual self – have not analyzed themselves, their deep feelings, their utmost desires, or how to achieve happiness. You can read this – An 8-Step Guide to Tapping Into Your Spiritual Guide.
These Are Some Mind Exercises, and Changes To Help You Relieve The Clutter Within Your Life For More Balance
- Read something every day.
- Exercise helps the mind in more ways than one, including walking, jogging, and aerobics. Exercise lifts your mood and will help keep you more alert.
- Meditation, prayer, or yoga are natural ways to relax your mind and clear the clutter.
- Studies show that talking to other people and socializing stimulates the brain and your memory.
- Your nutrition matters. Eat real food and not processed food. What you eat will either stimulate your brain and one of those stimulants is Omega Three which is found in salmon, tuna, sardines, and more. This one will help ward off dementia.
- Take an online course, go back to school, and learn something new whether you need to or not.
- Play games with the kids, and play catch, it helps your muscle memory and natural rhythm.
- Listen to music and learn the lyrics.
- Learn to play the piano.
- Take an adventure trip.
When Our Mind Becomes Too Crowded and Blocked These Activities Stimulate the Cognitive Action in the Brain
- Work puzzles, large ones.
- Learn a different language.
- Create something for the house, make a coffee table from old windows. Make a towel holder from old dresser draws. *you can find photos on Pinterest. Make a flower garden.
- During exercise, follow your breathing pattern closely, and make sure you are breathing deep breaths in and out which will exercise the lungs and helps with focus and memory.
- Let go of the past, regardless of what it is, it will make you sad and lonely.
- Change your thoughts, think positive, constructive, and well-being thoughts
- Go to the zoo with a child.
- Take a trip to another country.
- Keep a journal.
- Start writing a blog, article, or website. Explore something new and different.
- You do know how to laugh at yourself, right? Therefore, you are learning how to be happy from within your soul.
- There is no need to wait for anyone else to tell you that you look beautiful or handsome, you feel beautiful in your soul.
- You know now that all the mistakes you made were healthy in some fashion for you, and lessons for life.
- Thankfully you do not desire to be like anyone else, you are you and have been for a long time.
- You do not need anyone’s approval, you know your best self, and therefore you are learning to decorate your own soul.
- Now, you are not seeking fame, your family, friends, and grandchildren give you the celebrity treatment you need.
- You are not seeking recognition because you know your own worth.
- As we grow, we learn and know that love does not cure all things, and it never did.
- You know that family is more important than the next climb to the top of the ladder,
- and, most importantly, you do not need another human to make you happy.
- You realize that your good health is important and the reasons for taking care of your body, mind, and soul.
- When you start to learn more about yourself, you know that the mind is a terrible thing to waste, so you keep reading and learning more about life and how to live it more successfully.
- You have learned how to be alone with your thoughts, and you still believe in dreams and seek to find the right path going forward.
- As you are growing into your spiritual self, you accept that life changes, and if needed you can change something that isn’t just right, and you can live with greater insights.
- You look at and observe people who are still learnings and gain even more insight into life.
- There is less thought about how you look, as the most concern is about how you actually feel inside, as that will change how you look on the outside.
- You are conscious of how you want to influence others to be more in touch with their spiritual self.
Decorate Your Own Soul and Plant Your Own Garden By Learning About Your Spiritual Self
Do not wait for another to give you praise, speak your worth, or give you flowers. It is time to find your soul, your spirit, and your own potential and make your own garden.
Learning about how to tap into our spiritual self will help us to define who we are, and help us to better understand our neighbor. As with most things in life, if we dwell only on the physical, those things we can see, we will be disappointed, as those things usually deteriorate. The spiritual will live forever.