This relationship post is a little bit about what both parties in a good relationship can do to keep the romance alive or get it back to the feelings that once made you giddy.
Take it from me, when you get a little older you will look back and see the thing you could have done to keep that spark shining. It is important, and yes, you can get it back and all it takes is a little thought about it.
Secondly – the next section is about what women really need in their loving relationship.
So…Can Romance Last In A Relationship As It Grows?
Is it true that almost every love story has the potential to begin as if it were a fairy tale?
“Once upon a time, two people fell passionately in love and their love was unlike any other before theirs.” Relationship beginnings are wonderful and they can express a ‘rebirth’ with a wedding, honeymoon, and the exciting first year of marriage. Two become one, etc.
Once a couple begins to grow and their lives change with jobs, children, social activities, and other commitments, love and romance become more difficult to attend to.
Sometimes love and romance seems to be lost or second to the children, work, and even parenting, parents.
This destiny is avoidable if you want to rekindle the passion or simply bring it to a new level by becoming a hopeless romantic.
Can You Ignite The Prior Passion and Romance?
When you want to ignite the passion in your relationship but you aren’t sure what you need to do, the best place to begin is at the beginning. Think about the things that you used to do for your partner at the beginning of your relationship.
If you don’t remember or never tried to be a true romantic, don’t worry. It’s not difficult and once you begin you will find that you will get your own new ideas after a while.
Most new relationships or new beginnings rely on the ‘little things to show love and affection. What about those special ‘couple’ days like Valentine’s Day, anniversaries, and even the date you met? Do you still send a meaningful card, gift, a dozen roses, or a box of chocolates to celebrate your feelings for your partner?
Yes, we often let the little things like a card be forgotten, but I’ll just bet that if you remember to do that; you are going to get at least a wide smile.
Women, are you remembering to feel that feeling within your heart that you felt initially? It is important not to let the years go by and sink the romance you once had. You want to keep that giggly feeling always.
Whoops…You Experienced Another Disagreement
Disagreement is a part of any relationship. Why is that? Because no two people think exactly the same about all things in life. Right? However, disagreements are like any other “lesson” in life, it is for learning.
Don’t get mad! Learn something important, and explain why you feel the way you feel, and then listen to the other side. Try to come together in some important way. Try understanding the other person’s concept of the situation, and question your own motives, thoughts, and feelings.
Compromising and coming together for what is best for everyone will bring back unity. You do not want to lose the oneness.
If Romance Has Slipped Away
Sometimes couples feel more comfortable trying to bring romance into their relationship by bestowing gifts on their partner. While classics like flowers, candy, and perfume or cologne are successful gifts, try ‘giving’ something different.
- How about making plans to go for a weekend to get away from it all. Someplace you both enjoy (it could even be where you went on your honeymoon). This would probably work wonderfully and bring back romantic memories.
- Another thought is to randomly send romantic and/or humorous greeting cards to his or her workplace (if acceptable, of course), or hide them under the bed pillows at home.
- Give praise for accomplishments one or the other has in their home, work, or family relationships.
- Offer to give one or the other a night off for play and you take up the chores.
- Smile often, give each other a pat on the back for no reason.
These suggestions are simply ideas to get you started in your effort to bring romance and love to a new level in your marriage.
You may have your own ideas and those are most likely better than anything offered here. Once you open the door to romance in your marriage and begin to build a foundation for future romance, you are ready to move to even more creative levels of romance.
So, Just For The Men …What Do Women Really Want In A Relationship?
Women get it, men. It is often hard to know exactly what your lady really wants from your relationship. It has been said that women are extremely hard to understand. Women disagree with that. Women aren’t really that hard to figure out and here are a few tips to help you get where you need to be in your relationship with your woman. We will try to explain exactly or should we say to the best of our knowledge: What Do Women Really Want in a Relationship?
- Women want to know you respect them – Let your lady know that you respect her opinions and our feelings. You don’t always have to agree with what she says or does, but giving her the respect she deserves lets her know that she is loved.
- Be consistent – Don’t make your woman walk on eggshells wondering what type of mood you’ll be in from one day to the next. Keep an even keel and be the same as much as possible. Women need to know that you love and support them all the time not just some of the time. Don’t take out a bad day on your woman; it’s normally not her fault.
- Give her a great conversation about your day, how you feel, and tell her she is special. Communication is one of the most important aspects of a relationship with happiness. Be willing to show your inner feelings (if they are real), and do not hesitate to show your affection to her. No, you do not have to overdo it! Just be genuine.
- Women want you to be in the now – No matter what it is; a woman wants to feel connected to you and will when you share your heart and mind at that moment together. Let her know you are sharing the time with her because you want to be there. Let her know what you are thinking and feeling. Let her know that you enjoy her presence, without anything else.
- Turn up the romance – Not everything has to lead to intimacy and women love it when they feel there is some type of romance in their relationship. Bring her flowers for no reason at all. Do it just because you love her. Take her out to dinner one night just because she deserves the night off. She will be very grateful. Do not always expect things to be your way just because you did something nice. Do something nice just because it makes her feel loved.
- Make the lady laugh – It’s been said that laughter is the best medicine and it really is. If you can make your woman laugh at least once a day you have done something wonderful. Laughter reduces stress and you do not want a woman who is stressed all the time do you?
- Make her feel secure – Show her that she is the only woman for you by making her realize that you are in it for the long haul. You won’t leave her for someone else and you rejoice in every single day with her.
Life is short. Make every moment with your best count and you will be rewarded with the same from her.