The Lotus flower is a sign of – enlightenment, self-regeneration, and rebirth. It can grow in muddy water and still rise to the top to bloom… So, we start our personal development plan for growth.
With that being said…most humans would have a better life with a Personal Development Plan for Growth
Table of Contents
A personal development plan is usually a long-term plan that is made by an individual to improve his or her skills and qualities. It is aimed at increasing the person’s self-confidence and self-esteem as well as strengthening their motivation for success. A personal development plan can also help the individual with any weaknesses they may have.
This Is A Deeper Explanation for Personal Growth or Development – we get lost sometimes
It is about being all you can be, with the gifts that God has freely given to you. It is about learning how to master any part of your life that is causing you to be offensive to others or yourself.
Actually, personal development is knowing that we all have faults, weaknesses, traits, and habits that likely need some inward thought. If we think that everything we do amounts to perfection, we should know that we might be fooling ourselves.
What Can Be Learned From Personal Development
As stated we are not discussing perfection… it is not about being perfect…
- How to have more happiness and motivation.
- Learn methods to recover from loss, stress, heartbreak, and disappointment.
- Get rid of resentment and comparison to others.
- Recognize when working on procrastination is needed.
- How to rid ourselves of too much anger?
- Learn how to see your qualities and gifts.
- How to let go of fear.
- Knowing when self-confidence is low.
- Become more successful at being grateful.
- Learn when to let go of what you cannot do anything about.
- Become better at being yourself
- Letting go of judgments and criticisms of others.
- Learn to let go of resentments about world things that you have no control over.
- Build better relationships with the people you are around.
- Stop trying to control all situations you are in and much more.
- Learn to live, and let live.
Personal Growth Plans Would Help In a Life Where An Individual Feels Inadequate
Let me explain these thoughts. Many people often become what they have been taught from their childhood to adulthood. Some of those teachings may have routed our beliefs in the wrong direction.
Children can become hostile if their parents were hostile. Children can be defensive if they received a lot of criticism. They may be critical of others or distrust everyone if they have not had anyone to believe in them.
Teenagers can be bullied at school and it can cause dissatisfaction and an inability to learn normally. That is what parents need to know about, to teach, love, and instruct them. However, this is not always the case. A lot of times, parents do not know about this until it is too late.
Often in life, as children grow older these insecurities, grow into adulthood in larger forms, sit within the mind, and hinder growth. That non-growth may exist in the form of negative thinking. “I am not good enough.” “I cannot do this.” “I am not as smart, good, or pretty.” “I do not have a lot of money.”
Negative Thoughts Can Hinder A Life At Any Age
Negative thoughts can destroy a person’s ability to mix and mingle in a world that has become so competitive. To survive in the world today, a person must have confidence in themselves and their abilities, and their beliefs.
They must learn to trust their instincts, know they make the right decisions and believe in themselves. Without knowing one’s self, you cannot know another. You must know who you, ‘really are.’
When people have told themselves repeatedly that they are not good enough, it can become a reality. To themselves, and others can see it. We are all good enough. However, there is always room to become better at who we are.
A Personal Development Plan For Growth Should Include Some or All of the following:
- Identify three major goals for the year.
- On a scale of one to five, rate yourself on each of the following attributes:
- Your own strengths and weaknesses
- Communication Skills
- Happiness level
- Your talents
- Describe what needs to improve with each one of the above.
- Set smaller goals that support your larger ones. For example, if you want to write a book this year identify smaller goals that support it like signing up for a course on writing fiction or reading books in this genre every month.
What Are The Areas Within Our Life That May Need Attention?
- How we see and feel about our own actions.
- The way we communicate with others.
- How to look and listen concerning others.
- Where we need to become better at facing our deficiencies.
- How to admit that we have been wrong?
- When to accept instead of making excuses for our weaknesses, and failures.
- How to believe that you are just as good as anyone, but not any better?
- When to look beyond someone’s faults, and see their needs.
The following are some of the steps needed to create a personal development plan:
Set Goals and Objectives
The first step to creating a personal development plan is to identify one’s goals and objectives. This step will require the individuals to take an introspective journey. Look within and ask yourself what you want in your future, how you want others to see them, and what kind of life you want going forward. It is self-perception, not about others.
It Is About the Internal Compass
What is an internal compass? Internal compass is the way that an individual aligns their values, skills, and passions to find the best fit for them.
This tool can help individuals find what they should pursue or avoid in order to achieve their goals. It also helps them realize if they are aligned with what they want for themselves. An internal compass provides a process to create a career strategy out of one’s own strengths and preferences rather than trying to follow the advice of others or just doing what is convenient.
Having Confidence Is Not About Being Superior
Being confident about one’s abilities, success, or achievements is not feeling superior. Everyone needs to be confident in their life achievements. When you work hard and get to a status of feeling the fruits of your labor, that is a part of the success to enjoy.
How to Implement the Personal Development Plan To Successfully Achieve Your Goals
One of the most important aspects of your personal development plan is to constantly work on yourself. All of us are constantly changing, and if we want to be successful, we need to make sure that we are constantly adapting to these changes. It’s not always easy. Sometimes it can be hard and frustrating. Nevertheless, it is worth it in the end.
Being consistent, staying motivated, keeping self-confidence elevated, but however, always respecting other people and their endeavors which may not be what we feel is necessary.
A personal development plan is something most humans need in the strategy for living a life of quality. It is generally a lifelong journey for most people, or should we say should be.
Especially those who desire to identify as someone who desires to become a more conscious living person. No two individuals will likely have the same plan. We are humans and we are different in many ways, and alike in other ways.
Growth always means expanding. It is certainly growth when a person looks within themselves to see if there is a need to enhance their daily life with more opportunity, more stability, and more vision.
It usually takes a person that is willing to forgo trying to be like any other human. They want to learn how to be more proficient in their own abilities, beliefs, and standards.
You may want to check out this post on life things – Balance Within Life.
Post update 03-27-23