A Spiritual Journey has a different analysis for some -however, for others, it comes down to having a belief system there is a higher power than ourselves…who created us and walking on the path that He has outlined in His Word…post updated 06-28-23
What Is A Spiritual Journey
We know here in Faith Chats that all people do not believe in the same way, the same things, or interpret Spirituality the same way.
A Spiritual Journey is what many people, religions, and churches believe is a process of growing in their knowledge of God and becoming more aware of their inner self and relationship with God. Growing in His Word (Bible) His power, His presence, and His love. Becoming more spiritually discerned and less carnal.
Table of Contents
The New Age Definition of A Spirituality Journey
The new age believes that spirituality can come to you without seeking God, without religion, without going to church, without anything other than yourself, and possibly mediation. In other words, they can choose their own plan, their resources, and their final destination.
As you can see here, we believe, we also pray, read the Bible, and we seek to learn more about God, The Father, and His Son, Jesus. We have faith and know that Christ exists, and those who believe and seek this Spiritual Journey- will have everlasting life. A Spiritual Journey for Christians is a process for all who believe there is a life after death. John 3:16, 36 John 5:24, John 6:47, Romans 6: 22, and more…
I hope you find this article of some value, one way or the other. At times everyone, including myself must step back and evaluate ourselves to see if we are living our lives as Jesus teaches us in His Word.
Most of us need reminders and a refresher course every now and then. I know I have not been perfected and must keep my eyes on the right path of my Spiritual Journey.
The Affirmatives of The Spiritual Life In Christ
Those of us who believe in The Word of God, believe we are created in the form of God, Himself. He made man in His own image, created He them man
“And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; man became a living soul.” Genesis 2: 7 ” “And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.” Genesis 2:22
The Word of God- The Bible – The Bible is the most famous, most read, and most sold book in the WORLD. Genesis World Records indicate between 5-7 Billion copies (of this non-fiction Book) have been sold as of 2021. However, as stated it is impossible to know the exact number of Bibles printed in 1500 years.
Characteristics That We Strive (those of us who Believe in God) To Live By In Our Spiritual Journey
- We strive to be better people by realizing that we must pray, read and abide by The Word of God, and, walk in His ways, keep His Commandment, and testimonies. 1st Kings 2:3
- Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Matthew 7:12
- Judge not that ye be not judged. Matthew 7:1
- Forgive our fellowman, because if we do not; we will not be forgiven. Matthew 6; 14, 15
- Love thy Father and Mother, and Love thy neighbor as thyself. – Matthew 19: 19, Matt 22:29, Galatians 5:14 plus others
- Follow peace with all men… Hebrews 12:14
- Speak evil of no man… Titus 3:2
- Recompense no man evil for evil… Romans 12:17
- Be not overcome with evil; but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21
- It is better to have a meek and humble spirit with the lowly than to divide the spoil with the proud. Proverbs 16:19 – a meek and quiet spirit- 1st Peter 3:4 -humble yourself therefore under the might hand of God- 1st Peter 5:6
There are many other verses that tell us how we should become to enter into the courts of heaven when our earthly vessel turns to dust again.
A Spiritual Journey – Changing What Is Wrong…more
- Being ashamed of our salvation, or afraid to voice our views toward God is not a wise choice. The scripture tells us in Luke 9:26 – “For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words, of him will the Son of Man be ashamed when he comes in his glory and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.”
- Take God’s love for granted. His love is more important than any other love we might have, it lasts forever, and it never fails. Humans fail, Jesus does not. He is always there in times of trouble and He saith I will not leave the comfortless: I will come to you. John 14:18
- Underestimating the power of God, never think carnal thoughts, never lose faith that His power is all-powerful, greater than any other power. The Voice of The Lord is Powerful. Psalms 29:4 – God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power belongeth unto God. Psalms 62: 11
Never Believe The Negative Thoughts That Outside Sources Bring to Mind
- Thinking that Jesus does not love you, He loves more than anyone ever could love you, He gave His life. Stop wondering why He has not answered your prayers, just keep on praying, and believing.
“Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.” James 4:8
- Never let anyone tell you that God is punishing you. He does not punish you, He DOES chastise whom he loveth.
“For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If you endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?” Hebrews 123: 6-7
He may be helping you learn a lesson about making different choices and you can believe that if He is, it is for your better good.
- Never let your vision grow dim by listening to defeating thoughts…the true purpose of A Spiritual Journey is the hope of eternal life. It is the answer to living with sound judgment, it is that life, eternal life, that is everlasting, not this one.
Remember This Scripture
“To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time heal; A time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance:
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep and a time to cast away; A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.” Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8 (KJV)
These Are Some Helpful Things to Keep Us On Our Spiritual Journey – Walking The Path That Christ Has Outlined
- Always remember other people have feelings, needs, and desires that are as important as yours and that they probably act the way they do for a reason that you know nothing about.
- We should always be humble, we are who we are only by the grace of the living God.
- There is a need to always go to Church to worship the Father, have fellowship with one another, and sing His praises.
- It is important to always reverence the Pastor’s sermon, it could be the last one you hear.
- Always keep your unsure or insecure thoughts within, and take them to God, He understands all things.
What Else Should We Always Remember
- It is needful to always remember that no two people think totally alike (even Christians) and that everyone is probably doing the best they can with what life has given them. If that seems otherwise, it is between them and Jesus.
- Always expect more out of ourselves than we do anyone else, that is the only person we have to answer for.
- It is necessary to always be kind, there is not enough kindness in the world we live in, and always be gentle, you have probably been fragile at some point in your life.
- Always be patient with others, we are reminded in The Word, “to be patient toward all men.” 1st Thessalonians 5:14
- We should always prefer our brother or sister in the Lord before ourselves.
Unity Within God’s House Is Necessary
- Always support and be in unity with your fellow worshipers. Unity cannot exist in confusion, backbiting, judging, and partaking of gossip or idle words. God does not work where there is confusion. He does not work where there is jealousy.
- Remember that we each have our own place in the Body of Christ. If we seek to do something other than pray, we should try to develop whatever talent we think we have to do it better. When God is ready for us to use that talent, He will provide the time and place.
- Always remember that praying for others is one of the most important callings an individual can have. Prayer is the key to heaven. Praying for others gives others blessings but also blesses us.
- Fasting and prayer bring down heaven’s blessing and makes the individual stronger and more in tune with Jesus Christ, and this is something each of us can do without much practice.
How We Become More Like Christ
- We must always remember that God has forgiven our sins of the past, so why should we remember another person’s faults?
- Always see the good in others so that they may see the good in us.
- We should always respect another person’s opinion; it may not be as good as we think ours is, but it could be they know something we do not know.
- Always take a look at ourselves before we take the initiative to embark on a conversation about another soul.
- We should always pray for everyone’s wealth and happiness. The person next to you may be carrying a load you have never carried; until you have experienced the same thing; you do not know how you would react.
- Always remember that God sees the heart and soul of all of us and He knows the intent. When He judges us, He makes no mistakes.
“Finally brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” Phillippians 4:8
Until next time…
*All scripture here is from King James Version